What is Ahead

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Landscapes



At WetCanvas we are now studying landsapes in graphite with Diane Wright-artist and author. She is truly an inspiration and will have her book out mid year.
Working on Bristol smooth 300 series, mechanical pencil (hard, F ans 2H is recommended to alliviate grainines), smoothing with chamois, blu-tac and white plastic eraser-this drawing represents my back lit clouds.
The second cloud drawing-I am not as happy with-so I will see if I can improve it. If not-on to another.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Wow Judi! Great clouds! That first one looks like it could be a black and white photo. I've been reading along with the class but haven't tried any clouds myself yet.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Billie Crain said...

Judi, you are the cloudmaster!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Judi, you are a master at everything. These are beautiful!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Judy aka sults said...

Judi I love this gf. It has such a spirituality to it. I feel you have captured a glimpse of Peace that the Higher Power that gives a troubled soul such wonderful inspiration of Peace to sooth it and heal it.
Beautiful work hon, mauh
sults

3:34 PM  
Blogger Balaji Venugopal said...

Hello Judi...I was surfing and stumbled on your blog.
The backlit sky that you have posted is sensational!!
Balaji aka Blah

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home