What is Ahead

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Colored Pencil-I adore it!


These are two of my colored pencil paintings. They are from master works of my idol William Bouguereau and are my interpretation. The Madonna of the Roses was my first cp piece- done in 2004-and didn't know much about cp. It was a Mother's Day present for my Mom.
The Lil Sulk is my favorite. I did her in 2006-in WC! Basic 101 Class 32 taught by the most marvelously talented Cindy Bruck. My hat off to her for all the time and expertise she gave the class and myself. In this class I learned a lot about cp and how to blend them to achieve a painterly look. This painting - The Lil Sulk-I was totally obsessed with getting right. Planning to frame her as this afternoon.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Judi, I had never seen these this close up and could not judge how good they are. CP is really your first love I think, you a very good at it.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Billie Crain said...

Judi, the little girl is my absolute favorite of all your works! you did an incredible job on her. amazing!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Judi said...

Thanks soooo much Mary and Billie! I do soooo love cp! I need to expand one side of the lil sulks bg in order to make it fit decentely in a matt. Live and learn. :o

4:43 PM  
Blogger Judi said...

I am so flattered Sustayne! I do have a frame that I bought-lol-but it is the wrong size. I am hoping they have the next size up as I feel this frame is THE frame for the piece.
Is it OK to enter pieces that are copies of the masters? I truly don't know-but would love to enter her somewhere.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Mark Reep said...

Lovely work, Judi. Dunno if you may have seen the recent Lines and Colors post on Bouguereau? I added a comment about 'The Goose Girl', which is part of the permanent collection at Cornell University's Johnson Museum, in Ithaca NY. If you haven't checked it out, it's definitely worth a few hours' drive sometime.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Judi said...

Hi Mark!
Funny my Brother in Law works at Cornell! Sounds like I will be getting there hopefully this summer! Thanks so much for letting me know!
Are you in that area too?

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home